The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is the centerpiece of the brand because it embraces everything Mercedes-Benz stands for. The traditional engineering perfection presented with effortless, timeless styling has made the S-Class a defining model luxury segment for decades. With the redesigned 2021 S-Class, Mercedes-Benz shapes the next generation of individual mobility through innovations in driver assistance, protection, and interaction that place the focus on people. Here are 5 ways the S-Class seamlessly interfaces with the driver using digitization.
- The very large heads-up display features augmented reality content. For example, animated arrows virtually appear via the heads-up display and are projected onto the road lane allowing for precision while navigating.
- Using cameras in the overhead control panel and learning algorithms, MBUX, Mercedes-Benz onboard artificial intelligence system, recognizes and anticipates the wishes and intentions of the occupants. By interpreting head direction, hand movements, and body language, MBUX can respond with corresponding vehicle functions. For example, when the driver performs a shoulder check while changing lanes, MBUX automatically opens the sunblind to allow for clearer vision.
- Underneath the impressive technology, there is a powerful and responsive drivetrain. The 3.0-litre turbocharged inline six-cylinder gas engine is coupled with an electric turbocharger and an integrated starter/generator. A standard 48-volt mild-hybrid system called EQ Boost improves performance by starting the engine and harvesting otherwise wasted energy when you lift off the gas and begin braking.
- The 250 LEDs that make up the active ambiance lighting system is now integrated into the driving assistance systems. Turn the heat up on the passenger’s side, for example, and red hashes will move across the passenger’s side of the dash. They are also able to reinforce their warnings visually by glowing yellow when there is a vehicle in your blind spot.
- There are up to five screens on board, and the front passenger seat alone is assisted by up to 19 motors for comfort adjustments. This revolutionary interior design is a result of the harmony between digital and tactile luxury. The sculptured look of the interior landscape incorporates modern interior architecture and yacht design elements.
With this latest model, Mercedes-Benz proves, in the luxury sedan format, the S-Class remains the king. More than any other vehicle, The S-Class stands for individualisation through comfort, quality by design, and technology that both impresses and improves the owner’s experience. Visit Mercedes-Benz Saskatoon for more information on this exciting new model.