We respect the privacy of our customers and employees and are committed to protecting all personal information that has been provided to us.
- Personal information that we collect is held in a secure environment. Persons employed by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
We will not share any information you’ve provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to fulfil your request or provide the services and products you’ve requested.
I. How we use your information:
a) Initiate, maintain, and improve our relationship with our customers by providing them with personalization of their experience, including to: remember customer interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with customers; facilitate customer interactions with our employees; track and categorize customer activity and interests on our website and mobile application and to enrich the customer experience in our dealerships, on our website, and through our mobile application;
b) Improve our products and services through quality assurance and improvement activities, including to: develop and promote new products and services; to improve or modify our existing products and services; and to analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services;
c) Perform analytics, such as to: understand how customers use our website, mobile applications, products and services; generate insights and understand how customers interact with us; and improve our website, mobile applications, products and services.
II. We may disclose personal information to third parties, including the following:
a) To business partners, such as: Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. Daimler AG, and their associated and affiliated companies.
We respect the privacy of individuals who visit our Web sites, send us e-mail or participate in features and services we offer online.
- Any information you provide to us (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.) when you request information or use any of the other interactive portions of our website, is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you’ve requested about our company, our products and our services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time (see opt-out procedures below).
- Anytime you visit our website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding your use of our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our website. This information enables us to determine which areas of the website are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the site to the needs and interests of our online visitors. Such information is gathered by us in the aggregate and will not be associated with a specific individual without that individual’s consent.
- To help us ensure that our website contains content that is useful to our customers and potential customer, we use the Google Analytics demographics and interest reporting features on our website. These tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of website visitors and adapt our website content to better reflect their needs. Although this information is collected through your Google ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format. This means we cannot identify what information is about you, and we will not try to figure it out. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Google Ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
The Wyant Group is committed to your privacy and to protecting the personal information of its current and prospective customers.
The Wyant Group follows and complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). This policy will outline its commitment and responsibilities in ensuring that these principles are upheld.
Definition of Personal Information
Means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of names, addresses, telephone numbers and electronic addresses, is not considered personal information.
Definition of Privacy Officer
Is the individual designated to ensure that that the Wyant Group complies with this policy and the PIPEDA. The Privacy Officer is also the contact person should someone have any questions or concerns regarding Privacy and this policy .
The information that the Wyant Group collects is to ensure that you have an exceptional, carefree customer experience in both purchasing and servicing a vehicle. The information collected, may also be used to keep you up to date on products, services and promotions. The Wyant Group will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which personal information is collected, used or disclosed by the Wyant Group must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
Except where required or permitted by law, the knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. There are exceptions set out in the act and may include where legal, medical or security reasons may make it impossible or impractical to seek consent. Your consent may be given in many ways, including but not limited to, writing, verbally or electronically. In certain circumstances consent may be implied. If you provide information regarding eligibility for financing, you are consenting to our disclosure of such information to third party financing companies and/or credit agencies.
The Wyant Group shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
We may collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Verify identity and ensure accuracy of the information we have on record
- Advise of special offers, updates and other information
- Communicate with manufacturers
- Fulfill and deliver orders for goods or services, as well as administer transactions, including determining eligibility for financing
- Provide services (such as warranty and extended service plans), and the booking of appointments
- Analyse the performance of vehicles, maintain and repair operating systems, investigate accidents and systems and locating vehicles
- Improve product and service offerings and to conduct surveys
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Compile statistics and report to regulatory agencies
- Comply with the law
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You are responsible for advising the Wyant Group of any inaccuracies or changes to your personal information. Please inform the Wyant Group representative to whom you provided your information of any change of name, address or other personal information.
Safeguards of Personal information
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These security safeguards are designed to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held.
The Wyant Group shall make readily available to its customers specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Individual Access to Personal Information
The Wyant Group will, in accordance with applicable privacy law and upon a written request, proof of entitlement and the presentation of proper identification, permit an individual access to the personal information we hold about that individual. An individual may request access to or, if applicable, a correction of the personal information we have in our possession.
Contact information For Wyant Group’s Privacy Officer
Name: Phillip Wyant
Address: 419 Brand Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7J 5L6
Phone Number: (306)373-4444